ARTISTS-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM BERLIN
What does Scope BLN AiR offer?
- A single fully furnished room
- A private working studio
- Shared kitchen
- Guidance in exploring Berlin and its art scene
- Possibility of presentations, short-term projects and implementation of workshops in Scope BLN cinema room
- Open studio and opportunity to present your work to the professional audience and the community of Scope BLN
- Solo show at the Scope BLN project space. The exhibition will be accompanied by public artists talk, photo and videodocumentation.
Total monthly fee to be paid by the artist in residence – 1200 €
Scope BLN will gladly provide letter of acceptance for the grants / funding applications process undertaken personally by the artists.
What is the duration?
It is a long-term residence program with duration between 6 and 12 months.
Who can apply?
The open call is intended for artists, working in the fields of contemporary painting, photography, sculpture, installation, multimedia, video, film, digital art, sound, performance or multidisciplinary forms without any restrictions on their age and gender.
What are the requirements?
- Interest in Berlin art scene
- A project in the field of contemporary art to work on during the residency
- Funds to cover the monthly fee and living expenses in Berlin
- Awareness of community requirements
- Good knowledge of English or German
How to apply?
- Application letter (max 1 standard A4 page)
- CV and portfolio (max 2 MB) to:
Please specify how long you would like your residence to be (between 6 and 12 months).
This open call has no application deadline. Applications can be submitted at any time.
If you are selected to participate in the AiR program, Scope BLN will inform you when there are vacancies and available residency periods.
The selected artists will be informed about the specific possible periods for their programs, within one month after the end of this open call.
The selected artists will have to sign a preliminary agreement with Scope BLN and transfer a deposit of 10 % of the amount for the entire program which will be returned after the end of the residence.